Job no: 495379
Work type: Salary
Location: Brisbane - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Categories: Professional Services
About Vita Group
Vita Group is an ASX listed company that strives to enhance people’s way of life across a range of brands, including Telstra, Sprout Accessories & Artisan Aesthetic Clinics.
Our point of difference lies in our ability to understand the needs of our customers and clients by taking the time to understand how we best create value for them and by doing so, provide holistic solutions that fulfil their needs and solve their challenges.
Reporting to the GM Legal Services, the primary objective of the Legal Counsel is to assist on a wide range of corporate and commercial legal matters. The Legal Counsel will work closely with the GM Legal Services and other business leaders, including C-level executives, gaining exposure to business operations and strategy development, mergers and acquisition planning and execution and corporate governance issues.
- Providing high quality, timely advice and legal support to key stakeholders in the business on a wide variety of corporate and commercial legal matters including supply and service agreements, leasing issues, dispute resolution, regulatory issues, privacy compliance, confidentiality, health law, employment issues, intellectual property, advertising and marketing
- Advising on, drafting and engaging with stakeholders in the negotiation of a wide range of commercial contracts and agreements including property related documents
- Reporting to the GM Legal Services and management on legal, commercial, compliance and ethical matters
- Where appropriate, supporting the management of litigation including insurance related claims, contractual disputes and employment issues
- Protecting the Group’s interests by protecting its commercial position through monitoring legislative developments and changes in law
- Ensuring compliance with corporate regulatory requirements including Corporations Act 2001 (Cth), Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), ASX Listing Rules, and ASIC regulatory guidance.
You will have a minimum of 2-3 yeas’ (PAE) experience as a commercial lawyer in a major law firm and/or commercial in-house environment as well as a tertiary level qualification in law together with a current unrestricted practising certificate.
You have a proven ability to independently develop and execute plans for the purposes of negotiating and resolving contractual and commercial issues, as well as communicating effectively on legal matters applying a commercial perspective.
Experience gained in a Commercial / Consumer and/or Property / Leasing environment would be highly advantageous together with knowledge of contract and corporations law.
Benefits We Offer
- Discounts on products from our strategic partners
- Training and development programs
- Salary packaging
- Education allowance
- Child Care allowance
- A paid day off on your birthday
- A paid day off to volunteer
Apply today or view our careers page at https://careers.vitagroup.com.au/en/listing/ to learn further about our business and dynamic culture.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend