IT Infrastructure Engineer
Job no: 493164
Work type: Salary
Location: Brisbane - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Categories: Information Technology
About Vita Group
Vita Group is an ASX listed company that strives to enhance people’s way of life across a range of brands, including our strategic partner, Telstra. We are proud to be one of Telstra's largest and longest standing partners, operating over 100 Telstra retail stores, 21 Telstra Business Centres and Telstra’s Enterprise Partner of the Year, Vita Enterprise Solutions.
Our difference is our people, who go above and beyond to ensure our customers gain exceptional personalised experiences and solutions that truly meet their needs.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer role is responsible for the operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks. The role is required to architect, install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve Vita Group’s operating environment.
- Architect the implementation of technologies and platforms supporting a complex corporate data and voice infrastructure
- Ensure high availability of enterprise voice and data platforms
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting the operation of the business
- Deploy and administer data protection & disaster recovery processes
- Provide direction and supervision of resellers and partners on the design, implementation and upgrade of voice, video and data systems in central and remote offices
- Serve as one of the primary points of contact for telecommunication carriers and service providers
- Manage and monitor the Vita Group server infrastructure, including but not limited to Microsoft, EMC, Cisco, Citrix and VMWare technologies.
- Document the design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures
- Mentor and educate IT Support Engineers on the operation and configuration of Vita Group systems and networks
- Project Manage activities and technology implementations as required
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Strong experience in management and administration of networking equipment & virtualised infrastructure
- Relevant degree qualification or equivalent combined experience in large organization, complex, distributed systems
- Specialist IT Industry certifications such as MCP, MCSE, MVP, CCNA etc. would be highly regarded
- Strong experience in management and administration of Microsoft enterprise technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in documenting complex ICT systems & maintaining SQL infrastructure
- Discounts from our strategic partners
- Salary packaging
- Education allowance
- Child Care allowance
- A paid day off on your birthday
- A paid day off to volunteer
Apply today or visit http://careers.vitagroup.com.au/current-opportunities to learn more about working with Vita.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend