Business and Technology Advisor - Telstra Business Townsville
Job no: 492453
Work type: Salary
Location: Northern QLD
About Vita Group
You may not have heard of us, but it's likely that you've come across us in action. We are an ASX listed company. We help Australians connect to a brilliant future through our Telstra stores and Business Centres. We bring innovative lifestyle offerings to market through our start-ups, and we guide Australia's small & medium businesses, government departments and industry leaders to take control of the latest technologies that will enable them to thrive.
Our people and our company culture value proactiveness. We are performance, achievement, and team oriented so there will never be a day where you aren't learning, growing, and developing.
What is a Business and Technology Advisor?
A Business and Technology Advisor is a natural problem solver and change agent. You understand that technology can solve complex challenges for small & medium businesses and transform how they engage with their people and customers.
You might currently be a Consultant or Advisor, a client-facing Business & Systems Analyst, an IT Manager or come from a Sales or Pre-Sales background. Most importantly, you are passionate about first identifying and then solving business problems for your customers to generate measurable commercial outcomes for all parties.
- General knowledge of or interest in ICT - IoT, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, software-defined networking, Voice and Data
- Ability to articulate return on investment for small & medium business owners
- Ability to negotiate commercial agreements
- Professional and engaging communication skills
- Someone who genuinely enjoys engaging with people
- Current valid driver’s licence
- Bachelor of Business, Marketing, Information Systems or related
- Business Analyst (BABOK), Project Management (PMBOK/Prince 2) or IT Practitioner (ITIL)
- Microsoft, Cisco or HP vendor qualifications
- Establish and retain relationships with small & medium business owners (10-100 employees) and meet with them face to face on a regular basis
- Actively seek out industry information to provide a rich and engaging customer experience
- Uncover detailed knowledge of the customers’ business practices and systems, and how these align to the customer’s long-term objectives and strategy
- Work collaboratively with a team of specialists (Business & Systems Analysts, Solutions Architects, and Project Managers) to build solutions and business cases that create tangible value to address and remediate customer issues
- Develop and maintain business plans to ensure overall business success and profitability
- Manage your time between meeting with customers, internal meetings, researching industry information, preparing solutions briefs and managing the customer lifecycle
Benefits We Offer
- Discounts on products from our strategic partners
- Salary packaging
- Education allowance
- Child Care allowance
- A paid day off on your birthday
- A paid day off to volunteer
Apply today or view our careers page at http://www.vitagroup.com.au/content/careers to learn further about our business and dynamic culture.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend